This statement sets out the policy of Macro Capital Limited, Macro Corporate Pty Ltd and Macro Fund Services Pty Ltd (“Macro”) for the collection, storage and use of personal information, as guided by the Privacy Act 1988, Australian Privacy Principles.
Further information on privacy in Australia may be obtained by visiting the website of the Office of the Federal Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
1. Information collected
Macro is committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of the personal information which you have provided to us. To enable us to run our business effectively it is necessary for us to collect personal information about you. The type of personal information that we collect will be determined by the nature of your dealings with us. At a minimum, information collected may include your name, address and contact details. In some cases additional information may also be required.
2. Information collection and disclosure policy
Macro is committed not to use or disclose personal information that it has collected, other than in the manner for which it was intended or any reasonable secondary purpose. For example, Macro may use (and may disclose) your information for the following purposes:
- To consider other inquiries made by you to us.
- To help us identify products and services that may interest you.
- To tell you about products and services (unless you have asked us not to) or provide information about financial products.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To perform our internal administration and operations including accounting, income distribution, reporting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing and staff training.
- If you are an investor, then to comply with legislative or regulatory requirements, for example, advising the Australian Taxation Office of your tax file number, if provided by you, and entering your details on the register of members for a fund in which you invest. This register is available for inspection by the public in accordance with the Corporations Act. The information included on such a register would only include your name, address and the amount of your investment in the scheme.
From time to time, Macro may disclose some of your information to the following types of organisations (including individuals):
- Your agents, including your finance broker, your stock broker and your legal or financial advisers.
- Your executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney.
- Any other professional adviser as authorised by you.
- Regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement agencies and courts.
- Other parties we are authorised or required by law to disclose information to.
Macro will not collect any personal information about you except when you have knowingly provided that information to us or authorised a third party to provide that information to us.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other employees of Macro. You can be assured that your information will be maintained by any employee of Macro in accordance with this policy.
3. Storage of Personal Information
Macro will at all times seek to ensure that any personal information collected is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. At all times your personal information is treated as confidential and any sensitive information is treated as highly confidential. All computer- based information is protected through the use of access passwords on each computer.
4. Access to your personal information
You may at any time request access to your personal information. We will, in accordance with this policy, require you to provide evidence of your identity prior to providing you with this information.
5. Changing your personal information
Macro will endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is up to date and accurate. In the event that it is not, you may request an update or correction of your personal information by contacting Macro by any of the methods detailed below.
6. Internet Site
8. Contact Details
The Privacy Officer
Macro Capital Limited
PO Box 558
Wembley WA 6913
Tel: (08) 9217 3100
Fax: (08) 9217 3111
Australian Financial Services Licence No: 392401
ACN 145 321 928
Dated: 26 February 2015